Our main focus at the Junior League of Tucson is to promote voluntarism, develop the potential of women, and improve communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers… and we like to have fun while doing so!
For that reason, our wonderful Member Events committee plans a few fun-filled events for members to enjoy throughout the year!
Events planned in 2015 included the following:
- JL Bingo Card: Who wants a chance to win a prize by simply attending general meetings, DIAD or member events? We all do. Raise funds for JL, while get entered to win a cool prize at the Annual Dinner.
- Slide the City: Volunteer participation maxed out so event was canceled. While we didn’t get to slide down 1,000 feet of slip n slide, we were able to connect with March of Dimes on other possible DIAD volunteer opportunites so that was encouraging.
- Soul Sistas Hike: Rain? Really? Our hike is postponed to the spring, and this time we will be sure to bring some “Beads of Courage.”
- Kendra Scott Gives Back: Collaborative jewelry event that allowed Member Events to support and play with the Fund Development Committee and members, sipping cocktails, perusing gorgeous crystal eye candy jewels, while supporting a local charitable organization.
- Halloween Party: Spooktacular! Fun with family, friends, games and COSTUMES at St. Philips Plaza! Member Events and JL Legacy promoted event with fun interactive games, face painting, bounce house, while strengthening partnership with Union/Reforma to generate funds and buz for our upcomig JL Legacy event!
- Happy Hour at Ermanos: An evening of good eats and fun peeps in downtown Tucson.
- Annual Holiday Brunch: A Sunday Funday at Loews Resort that included bottomless mimosas, bacon, and very serious holiday sing along songs. Click here for more details!
The new year sparks a “Happy and Healthy 2016” program to provide more opportunities to get involved and experience why being a part of the Junior League of Tucson organization is truly fun and worthwhile!