November 29, 2022
Giving Tuesday is a global generosity movement unleashing the power of people and organizations to transform their communities and the world.
Since its inception in 2012, people across the world have marked Giving Tuesday with monetary donations to organizations, volunteering in their communities, helping a neighbor and more.
This year, as we continue to navigate the financial strains of the pandemic, the Junior League of Tucson is requesting donations to continue its mission to develop the potential of women and improve the community through effective action and the leadership of trained volunteers. Last year, the Junior League provided over 1,000 hours of volunteer service to the Tucson community!
Here’s how far your donation can go within our organization:
- $5-$20 helps to support mini-grants for our Tucson community partners, which are used for things like purchasing shoes for students in the Amphi school district
- $50 allows us to host one leadership training session to help us develop the potential of women in our community
- $80 sends one Junior League member to a leadership conference
- $100 supplies a nutritional meal and activity for Kids in the Kitchen at the Boys and Girls Club
- $175 creates a JLT member scholarship for those members who cannot afford the annual dues
- $500 enables a meaningful upgrade to the Junior League’s property and training center (donor recognition included!)